Thursday, May 12, 2011

Traveling Feet

Today is one of those days where I couldn't get traveling out of my head. I was listening to Ojos de Brujo and other flamenco variations this morning which made me nostalgic of my days in Spain; more particularly of a travel that I took to Portugal with David and our girlfriends at the time. Later at lunch, I was reading Che's Back on the Road, which documents his second set of travels around the American continent. I visualized myself walking in his footsteps through Ecuador, Panama and Costa Rica, crossing borders and crossing cultures with nothing but a bag and very little money. Someone in the restaurant spoke of traveling and how he'd always miss the Northeast. There is something to be said about this...the changing of the seasons is something I do cherish.
Later in the day, I stumbled upon new photos of an Argentine friend of mine who is living and traveling around Mexico. I saw pictures of places that I've been and it brought me back. I learned that she is looking to go to Oaxaca so I'm trying to put her in touch with my friends from there. I hope they can connect.
Nostalgia is great tool to get back in touch with friends.
I love when my different friends are able to meeting each other. It shows how small the world can be.
Of course my trip to Brazil is also on my mind as I leave for two weeks next Monday. I have been wanting to travel to this country for some time and it seems unreal that I'm almost there. I'll be surfing a lot of couches in Curitiba and Rio and meeting up with some old friends. I have a sense of calm, but know that the airport will surely break this. Let's hope not. Here I come Brazil

2 comments:

  1. I miss traveling too. Whenever I'm at work, traveling always comes to head.

    It's very addictive. Then when I came back home I experienced this reverse culture shock thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, it is addictive! It's something I've found difficult to express, but it's always great getting away

    ReplyDelete