Friday, May 6, 2011

Old New Year's Wishes

So I just came across this note that I wrote during the 2010 New Year that I completely forgot about. It made me smile and so I wanted to include it in my blog. I wrote this after living in Spain while I was teaching English so it's in Spanish...but I'll translate :) Although I wrote it over a year ago, I think it's still quite applicable today...especially the part about my friends.

"Otra vez ha pasado otro año; un año lleno de experiencias nuevas, culturas distintas y amigos nuevos. Aunque se fue muy rápido el año, me dejó un impacto imprescindible que me hará recordarlo por toda la vida. Es preciso decir que gracias a las amistades que he hecho este último año, me siento cambiado, claro por lo mejor. Los viajes que he realizado me ayudaron conectar con los amigos del ayer y hacer amigos nuevos.

Otro año ha empezado y se supone que por lo cual somos más sabios, más racionales y más perspicaces. Con los viajes que uno hace, no solamente se ve el bueno, pero también el malo que existe en el mundo. La pobreza, el racismo, la desigualdad y la inhumanidad de las guerras siguen siendo problemas de la actualidad. Es importante recordar que nosotr@s somos parte de una sola raza humana, entonces todos tenemos una responsabilidad de hacer algo para cambiar esta situación.

Brindo por un mundo más justo basado en la fraternidad y un mundo sin violencia y prejuicios. Les/Os agradezco mucho a todos mis amig@s por ser parte de mi familia extendida, por ayudarme ser una buena persona y por aceptarme en sus/vuestras vidas. Les/Os deseo un año lleno de amor y amistades nuevas."

Once again another year has passed; a year filled with new experiences, distinct cultures and new friends. Although the year went by so fast, it left an indispensable impact that will make me remember it for the rest of my life. It's important to say that thanks to the friendships that I have made this past year, I feel changed, of course for the better. The travels that I have took have helped me connect with friends from yesterday and make new friends.

Another year has started and one supposes that because of it we are more knowledgeable, more rational and more perceptive. With the travels that one takes, not only does he/she see the good, but also the bad that exists in the world. Poverty, racism, inequality and the inhumanity of wars continue to be current problems. It's important to remember that we are part of one human race, and therefore we all have a responsibility to do something to change this situation.

I give cheers for a world that is more just based on fraternity and a world without violence and prejudices. I am thankful to all my friends for being part of my extended family, for helping me be a good person and for having me in their lives. I wish for a year filled with love and new friendships.

No comments:

Post a Comment