Wednesday, August 11, 2010

New, Old Bike!



Yesterday I finally put the effort in to purchasing a new bicycle. It's a beautiful, blue vintage bike that is quite striking if I do say so myself. I have been wanting to get one since I moved to Albany, but just haven't dedicated the time to do so.
I took the advice of others who told me to look on Craigslist. There weren't loads of bikes available under 100 bucks, so luckily the one I found was perfect for me. It's definitely vintage, with a denim seat cover and handlebar covers. It's in wonderful condition for an older bike and has a lot of power to it. I took it for a spin yesterday around the park and it rides like a charm.

Now I can finally bike to the food co-op and around the park. Hooray to my nouvelle bicyclette!

4 comments:

  1. hey paul! nice bike! i just wanted to let you know that i'll be moving back to my apartment on the 25th i think, at least that's my plan. so once i'm back we should definitely get together and do something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good! Looking forward to meeting up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, that's your bike? Cómo mola, tío! Estaba acompañando mi compi de piso el otro día , buscando una bici. Creo que me compraré una en Inglaterra :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sí, debes comprartela! Desafortunadamente, mi bici no anda ahora. La cadena está bien jodida, pues tengo que arreglarla!

    ReplyDelete